- A Stargazing Night under the Sky - Summer 2019 | Cosmic Dome
- Kfarzebian - Warde Piste
- Jun 29 - Jun 29
- Facebook Page
Reserve your tickets
Join our Summer 2019 "Stargazing Night Under The Sky" Event on Saturday, 29th of June, 2019. This event is organized by The Cosmic Dome in collaboration with Sky Optics.
Date: Saturday, 29th of June, 2019
Location: Kfarzebian/Warde Piste
Departure/Meeting point: BLOM Bank - Dora
Food & Drinks: Saj Mankoushe will be provided along with tea and coffee! Feel free to bring your own food and drinks.
Bonefire: We will start a bonefire at 12:30pm to warm up and to enjoy the fire
Departure/Meeting Time in BLOM Bank – Dora: There are two departure times options this year. Please see the two options below.
Option 1: Departure at 6:00pm in order to arrive to our location at 7:30pm. You can then enjoy the view in the location while the Sun sets (although the Sun won’t be visible from there). We will be airing some background music in the location so you can enjoy the night skies rising!
Option 2: Departure at 7:15pm in order to arrive to our location at 8:45pm. If you go with that option it will be dark already upon arrival so we will start with the Stargazing event directly.
Note: Please be there at least 15 minutes prior to departure time.
Cost: 20$ Per Person including Transportation, one Saj Mankoushe, two hot drinks, Professional Sky Tours, & Telescopes.
Places are limited
Return time: 1:00 am
Reservation is a must and is available online through Antoine Ticketing or at any Antoine Library Branches
What's the plan?
- There are two departure times. Option 1: 6:00pm or Option 2: 7:15pm from BLOM Bank – Dora.
- We will have telescopes set on site.
- We will observe different sky objects through the telescopes. We will also explain the Sky objects we will be looking at (planets, galaxies, nebulae, etc.)
- We will have a professional and detailed Sky Tour.
- You will be able to see the stars and some constellations.
- Different Space Topics will be discussed by professional Astronomer, Dr. Moe Abbas.
- You will have time to just sit, relax and watch the stars.
- We will star a bonefire at 12:30pm.
- Background music will be playing throughout the event.
- Bring something you can sleep on if you have any (blankets, portable chairs, anything that will make you feel comfortable).
- We will stay there till around 1:30am.
- Each person will receive 1x Saj Mankoushe and 2xHot Drinks. You can buy more on the spot.
- Feel free to bring your own snacks and food, will not make any stops on the way.
- It will be extremely cold, so bring as much thick clothes as possible
- Don't wear open shoes or open clothes, it will be very cold.
- Try to bring an extra jacket, gloves, scarf, and wear socks.
- Bring your professional cameras if you have any.
- Bring your binoculars if you have any.
Check the Facebook event page here:
Kindly fill in this form after completing your payment:
For more info:
Reservation is a must.
The Cosmic Dome & Sky Optics